Unpacking the Narrative Suitcase: Practices That Fit in Any Setting
Walk-In & Single-Sessions, Brief Therapy & Longer-Term Therapy
Unpacking the Narrative Suitcase will offer you key ideas and practices of narrative therapy in clear, useable ways that can be taken into your every day work within brief settings or longer-term therapy. Karen is well known for her ability to translate the complexities of narrative practice into understandable language. She will offer you a detailed guideline with speci c examples for mapping conversations with clients of any age, with any presenting issue. You will leave with ideas that can be used within a narrative practice or enhance other practice approaches.
Narrative practice is fast becoming one of the most utilized approaches in walk-in therapy clinics and brief services and has a long history of use in more traditional environments. The effectiveness of narrative therapy in a huge range of settings, whether it is children’s mental health, adult services, or hospitals, is evident in the uptake of these ways of working, by many organizations and clinicians. These practices are highly collaborative and competency-oriented ways of working making it possible to create meaningful therapy conversations that make a real difference in people’s lives.
This workshop will address the following areas of learning:
• Key ideas and assumptions that provide the foundation for narrative practice
• Re-energizing curiousity so you will ask unique and interesting questions
• The usefulness of externalizing practices within narrative and other approaches • Using a conversation guideline that applies to any client, problem, or setting
• How to nd openings into stories of knowledge, skill, values and preferences
• Developing in-session notes & documents that can sustain change
• What clients have told researchers about what works in therapy
Recorded examples of therapy sessions will be used to demonstrate the ideas as well as skill building experiential practice.
Early Bird Rate of $195 + HST Available Until January 31, 2019!
Registration Rate: $225 + HST