ABOUT THE WORKSHOP /
Safe and Effective Use of Self: Rules & Beyond…to a Self-Reflective Practice
In this workshop, Shari will move beyond just a ‘rule-based’ use of self into the complexities informed by a more postmodern worldview. This workshop will help you to understand what is meant by use of self, and how an effective use of self involves the therapist’s understanding of their subjective context and patterns of interacting with clients in the therapeutic process. Therapists need to be aware of and intentional in creating a posture that is effective, safe and ethical. Shari will assist participants to understand how reflection, resonance, and reflexivity assist therapists to bring their whole self appropriately, and with vulnerability and transparency into the therapy room.
In this workshop participants will:
- Explore their self-awareness, assumptions, and biases
- Recognize how their subjective context impacts the therapeutic process
- Learn about relational boundaries and appropriate use of self-disclosure
- Explore power dynamics that exist within the therapeutic relationship
- Explore the use of reflection, resonance, and reflexivity
- Explore a therapeutic posture that embraces vulnerability, transparency, and collaboration
- Learn about use of self-reflective practices to bring into your everyday practice
- This workshop will include experiential exercises and discussions to enhance and energize your learning.
Early Bird Rate of $195 + HST Available Until September 20, 2019
Registration Rate: $225 + HST
Group and Student discounts available – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.